Skilled workers are people who are selected as permanent residents based on their ability to become economically established in Canada.
Federal skilled worker applications are assessed for eligibility according to the criteria set out below.
For your application to be eligible for processing, you must:
- include the results of your official language proficiency test (as of June 26, 2010), AND
- have a valid offer of Arranged Employment , OR
- have one year of continuous full-time paid work experience in at least one of the Occupation Listed here
- Work experience requirements
Your work experience must be:
- for at least one year, continuous, and paid (full-time or the equivalent in part-time), AND
- Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) list, AND
- within the last 10 year